The Authorised Representatives felt the home generally had a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. Some improvements could ensure a more Dementia friendly.
Summary of findings
The Authorised Representatives felt the home generally had a friendly and welcoming atmosphere.
- Interactions between staff and residents were positive.
- The environment was clean and tidy.
- Some improvements could ensure a more Dementia friendly environment.
Recommendations of visit
We would recommend:
- Having two distinct notice boards- one with notices indicating Fire Evacuation Plans, Complaints Procedure and notification of Doctor’s visits. With a second board for more general notices such as activities, trips etc.
- Introducing colour contrast toilet seat raisers.
- Putting dementia clocks with day/time/date/ a.m. p.m. in communal areas.
- To ensure that drop down rails in toilets are contrasting colours.
- Introducing Dementia signage on upstairs toilets and relocating dining room signage to where it is more easily visible.
- That alarm cords be hanging to floor level at all times in case of falls.